Key Dates Calendar
Please note that the information contained within our 2016/17 Key Dates Calendar is only applicable to UK centres
The Exams Office is the only organisation producing online tools previously supplied by the Department for Education. We have further developed these tools to meet the needs of the Exams Officer community.
The Key Dates Calendar tool enables exams office staff to search, customise and manage a personalised key dates calendar. The tool can be accessed by clicking the image at the bottom of this page.
Once you have selected the exams series, qualifications and awarding body information you require, you will be presented with your results which can be exported and personalised to print your own calendar. Alternatively you can download an excel spreadsheet which lists all the key dates by clicking here.
How to use guide
There are a few simple guidelines to using the Key Dates Calendar which you should note before searching for information.
- Allow a couple of seconds for the Key Dates Calendar to load onto your screen
- You can search by any or all of: Date/Awarding Body or Origin/Qualification/Exam Series (please note that BTEC registration dates and grade reporting dates have no series, therefore the series has been left blank, and that Pearson's Functional Skills are available every month so the series is listed as the month and year.)
- Simply click within each selection field and a drop-down menu will appear containing the options available
- Select as many options from each drop-down menu as you require by simply clicking within a selection field
- To remove a selection, click the 'X' next to the selection you wish to remove
- You also have the option to clear all selections from a drop-down menu by clicking the 'X' directly outside the selection field
- To place your selections in date order, click the arrow next to 'Date'
- To select qualifications other than GCSE/GCE/BTEC/Cambridge Nationals or AQA (All), select 'Other' export your selection then filter under "Qual further info"
- There are 4 options to view your selections - Print from the webpage, PDF copy, CSV or Excel files
- Once you select one of the options to print or save your selections, you will be automatically directed to print or save your file
You wish to view OCR and Pearson GCSE and GCE dates for summer 2017, select:
- Date - No selection required
- Awarding Body/Origin - OCR and Pearson
- Qualifications - GCSE, GCE
- Series - Summer 2017
You wish to view Pearson Functional Skills for the academic year 2016/17, select:
- Date - No selection required
- Awarding Body/Origin -Pearson
- Qualifications - Other
- Series - No selection required
Export your selection and filter on "Qual further info" = Functional Skills
Qualifications included within the Key Dates Calendar
Qualification information from the following organisations is included within the Key Dates Calendar:
CIE key dates will be added in early autumn.
Please note the following:
- All awarding bodies - The information within our Key Dates Calendar and spreadsheet has been presented as received from the awarding bodies and the JCQ.
- AQA - Where qualifications are listed as 'All (AQA)', this denotes that the deadline listed applies to all AQA qualifications available within that series.
- Pearson/Edexcel - BTEC registration dates and grade reporting dates have no series, therefore the series has been left blank.
- Pearson/Edexcel - Pearson's Functional Skills are available every month so the series is listed as the month and year.
Our 2016/17 Key Dates Calendar is now available by clicking the image below
Alternatively you can download an excel spreadsheet which lists all the key dates by clicking here.
(Please ensure that you have read all of the above before using the Key Dates Calendar)
All of our online tools use the latest software, so please ensure that your internet browser has been updated in the last 12 months in order to access the full functionality of the Key Dates Calendar
Please note that due to ongoing Ofqual reforms, some dates relating to Post-Results Service in the Key Dates Calendar may not be accurate - check with your awarding body for confirmation
The Exams Office takes no responsibility for any outcomes in schools/colleges as a result of the information provided on our website or within our documentation. It is the responsibility of schools/colleges to apply this information as they deem necessary within their own centre. You should always contact/refer to the relevant awarding body for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding their qualifications.