The Exams Office National Conferences 2016/17
Priority, free attendance for members of The Exams Office
We will be announcing the dates of the January 2018 conferences in March 2017.
Details of the Summer conference (London, 3 July 2017), including the booking process, will be announced in April.
The Exams Office is the only organisation funding 'free-to-attend' National Professional Development Conferences for exams officers*. These were previously provided by the Department for Education.
Once again, three National Conferences - in London, Leeds and Birmingham - were held during January 2017, see below for further details/conference presentations, and an additional Summer Conference in London during July 2017.
Members of The Exams Office can attend the January and Summer Conferences free of charge as part of their membership
Each conference contains workshops hosted by representatives from the leading awarding organisations, JCQ and A2C. Delegates can choose the workshops they would like to attend. Refreshments and a buffet lunch are provided all of our conferences.
Our National Professional Development Conferences provide members with the latest updates, information and leading edge practice relating to exams administration and management in the build up to the summer 2017 exam series.
Content is tailored specifically to meet the needs of exams officers and supporting our members in their everyday role. This includes national networking opportunities, high quality, experienced speakers, interactive workshops, the latest awarding body/JCQ information to prepare you for the summer exam series, and practical advice, hints and tips.
An exhibition runs alongside each conference featuring a range of exams-related products.
The Exams Office National Conferences are the 'must-attend' annual training event for all exams office staff.
The 2016/17 National Conferences were/will be held at (dates and venues subject to change):
- Leeds - 13 January 2017 (The Met Hotel, King Street, Leeds, LS1 2HQ)
- Birmingham - 20 January 2017 (National Exhibition Centre (NEC), Concourse Suites 1 & 2, Concourse Hospitality Suites 21 & 22, Gallery Seminar Suites 1-3, Birmingham, B40 1NT) - For train/car/parking information click here
- Central London - 30 January 2017 (Grand Connaught Rooms, 61-65 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5DA)
The Summer National Conference will have keynote speakers from the major exams-related organisations and information on changes to exams regulations for the 2017/18 academic year.
Booking Process (Summer Conference)
- To be confirmed in April 2017
Summer conference agenda (to be confirmed)
- 8.45 - Registration
- 9.30 - Welcome
- 9.45 - 'The Educational and Exams Landscape 2017/18' (all delegates)
- 10.30 - Break
- 11.00 - JCQ update 2017/18 (all delegates)
- 12.00 - Lunch
- 1.00 - Workshop session 1
- 2.00 - Break
- 2.30 - Workshop session 2
- 3.30 - Final comments (all delegates)
- 3.45 - Close
(There will be a range of exams-related exhibitors in attendance at all conferences)
The Exams Office Professional Development Conferences are the largest and most significant annual training events relating to examination administration and management for exams officers during the academic year. Each conference is supported by the major awarding bodies, JCQ and a range of key exams-related stakeholders.
The Exams Office Professional Development Conferences are free to attend for all members of The Exams Office
* Attendance to our National Professional Development Conferences is free for members of The Exams Office. Non-members can attend - if capacity allows - for £145 (+vat)
2016/17 National Conferences presentations
To access the presentations delivered at our 2016/17 conferences, click the logo below:
Download the 2016/17 conference presentations