The Exams Office would like to highlight training events and courses offered by our exams experts (the founders of The Exams Office). Their high-quality training programme is offered at affordable rates to help to ease the pressure on your school/college budget:
- Members of The Exams Office - £145 + vat (with additional discounts for multiple bookings from one centre)
- Non-members - £195 + vat
Click on this logo for full details of current training events and how to book:
Current training events
These events are suitable for exams officers in post for less than 12 months and those requiring a 'refresher' course.
Events are taking place in:
- Manchester - 6 March (DoubleTree Hilton)
- Bristol - 8 March (Mercure Grand Hotel)
- Birmingham - 10 March (De Vere Colmore Gate)
- London - 13 March (De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms)
- Leeds - 17 March (DoubleTree Hilton)
Content areas will include (below is a guide only):
- Entries - Reviewing summer 2017 exam entries - withdrawals and amendments
- Pre-Exams - Getting ready for the summer 2017 exams series including rooming, timetabling and internal assessment arrangements
- Access Arrangements - Preparing for the summer 2017 exams series
- Invigilation - Fully utilising your invigilation team during the exams series
- JCQ inspection - Preparing for the inspector's visit
- Risk assessment - Planning for what may go wrong during the summer 2017 exams series, Malpractice, Contingency planning
- Exam days - Preparing for each and every day during the summer 2017 exams series
- Results and Post-Results - Hints/tips and guidance on preparing for Results Day including downloading and disseminating results and dealing with Post-Results appeals and enquiries, Internal Appeals Procedures
These are the only events hosted by ex-DfE staff, current JCQ inspectors, awarding body personnel, serving exams officers and the experts behind The Exams Office
For information of other exams-related training hosted by our partners, please visit our External Training page.
The Exams Office Professional Development Conferences 2016/17
The Exams Office is hosting four Professional Development Conferences during the 2016/17 academic year. Three will be held in January 2017 to help members prepare for the summer exams series, with a Summer Conference held in July 2017 to support preparation for the new academic year.
All conferences will be free-to-attend for members and will exceed what was previously offered by the Department for Education. No other organisation is offering such support for its members.
The Professional Development Conferences will be supported by major awarding bodies, the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ), A2C, and other leading exams-related organisations. Presentations on the day will provide the latest updates and key information relating to exams administation and management.
The events will also be attended by exhibitors who supply products to the exams market, giving members the opportunity to view a range of exams-related products.
Free attendance to all of our Professional Development Conferences is available to all members of The Exams Office.
For more details see the Professional Development Conference section of our website.
We have arranged the following conferences for the 2016/17 academic year:
- Leeds - 13 January 2017 (The Met Hotel, King Street, Leeds, LS1 2HQ)
- Birmingham - 20 January 2017 (National Exhibition Centre (NEC), Concourse Suites 1 & 2, Concourse Hospitality Suites 21 & 22, Gallery Seminar Suites 1-3, Birmingham, B40 1NT)
- Central London - 30 January 2017 (Grand Connaught Rooms, 61-65 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5DA)
Summer National Conference
The Summer National Conference will have keynote speakers from the major exams-related organisations and information on changes to exams regulations for the 2017/18 academic year.
Please put these dates in your diary and ensure that you take advantage of this opportunity to acquire the latest information, updates and leading edge practice from the key stakeholders within the exams sector.
The Exams Office is offering a members-only certificated 'Invigilator Training' package delivered in your school/college.
This training covers:
- A 4-hour training session for your invigilators covering:
- The qualities/skills of a good invigilator
- The JCQ requirements
- Invigilator's responsibilities
- Access Arrangements invigilation
- Preparing for an exam day
- Starting an examination
- Dealing with emergencies
- Dealing with malpractice
- Ending the examination
- Collecting the scripts
- Supporting your exams officer
Following the training, we will send the exams officer certificates which can be signed and presented to your invigilators. This will provide evidence that your invigilators have been trained, and when this training took place.
The cost to deliver this training is:
Up to 20 invigilators (one trainer) - £195 (non-TEO members - £295)
Over 20 invigilators (two trainers) - £350 (non-TEO members - £495)
For more details, or to book your 'Invigilator Training' please email contact@TheExamsOffice.org or telephone 0333 7000 755
Please note that the information provided on this website may not be a comprehensive list of information and tasks relating to your school/college. There may be other specific requirements in your school/college depending on the qualifications undertaken or subjects studied, so please check with teaching staff and the relevant awarding bodies to ensure that you are clear in what is required of you and the associated deadlines. The Exams Office takes no responsibility for any administrative errors at your centre based on information imparted.